Monday 24 July 2017

My Last Passage on Pandora

19 May 2017

Fareham - Bembridge - Fareham 24 nm

At the time I had no idea that this would be our final passage together. I had no idea that in less than 8 weeks Pandora would be sold and that I would have a Trident 24. I left Fareham an hour before high tide on passage to Bembridge very little wind F2-F3 and smooth seas.



As I was going against the tide and with very little wind i decided to motor sail and enjoy the the May sunshine. I had not been to Bembridge for a number of years and the last time I did not even step ashore so I was looking forward to exploring. It was alive with lots of boats from children on small kayaks to large motor cruisers. Entry was very easy and we were soon on the pontoon.



I was surprised how peaceful it was despite a full marina. It felt like a place that time had forgotten. It felt strange going to the beach we had sailed past so closely I was anchor deep in the sea and could sea yachts not more than 20 feet away. 



We only spent the one night in Bembridge but, fully intend to return later in the year.



I assume once she would have been a fine vessel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...