Tuesday 4 July 2017

Ramsgate then back to Ramsgate

The plan was to go on to Dover with a forecast of 3/4 and slight sea state I set of saw a lot of whit horses but, after 20 minutes of having the wind on Tallulas nose even with full throtle we could not even maintain 3 knots I took the decision to go back to Ramsgate. I was not too concerned with the moderate sea state with a good force 6 but, the very slow progress. 

I am very impressed how well such a small vesssel of just 24" can remain so stable. The life boat was launched twice and several other vessels turned back to Ramsgate. So I will stay in Ramsgate tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...