Thursday 22 June 2017

Mirror Dinghy Project

I decided to buy a Mirror Dinghy with a crack in the hull. I towed her back on a very old trailer it was hard work as the mud guards keept failing down and it just did not feel safe. I stopped several times on the way back.

When I got her back I turned the hull over to see how bad it was. It was far worse than I thought so I sanded the hull down to get a beter look of the extent of the damage. As you can see from the picture it was quite bad. She come with oars, row locks all rigging and sails so I was still really pleased having paid very little for her.

I decided to cut out all the rot in the wood that I could find I was then left with a very big hole in my new boat.

More to follow
 An early Mirror 9220




1 comment:

  1. I have a similar hole in my Mirror dinghy, how do you repair it?

    ReplyDelete

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...