Saturday 1 July 2017

Faversham to Ramsgate




Today I took public transport down to Oare Creek. I got a lift from Banbury to Oxford then the bus to London and then a train to Faversham and finally a taxi to my mooring. It was not easy and took double the time it took me last week by car.

I decided to walk into Faversham though a field with a bull in it to get some supplies.





 As the pontoon does not have any water on I had to carry a 20 litre can three times to fill up the tank. Talula needs a good clean and more but, that will have to wait till Ramsgate. I am currently sat in the saloon typing this as I am unable to sleep.

More to follow.


left at high tide strong winds were forecast as well as moderate seas. It was very tricky navigating in a different area with so many sand banks. Not only that a lot of the buoys were not where they were on the charts or not there completely. Saw seals and some very big waves. But, made it safely to Ramsgate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...