Wednesday 12 July 2017

Rye to Eastbourne

After a long night on the harbour wall. I went to Camber Sands to get some over priced supplies from the holiday park supermarket. I left slightly before high water even though I had to sail agaist the tide a bit. Mostly westerly winds but, it was a pleasant sail. The seas state did get worse about 5 nm from Eastbourne. Heard a lot of panpans and a mayday a vessel was taking on water and the bilge pump was not working.



Finally got though the break water to be told to wait for the lock. Very little room to move it was a case of trying to stay in deep water without a collision with other vessels. Very much free for all as not everyone was using the radio.



When the lock did open every one seemed to go for it so I decided to go for it we had to raft up inside. I counted 12 boats inside the lock.



I requested a berth but, was told one would be given. I finally got a berth but, just could not find it and the fishing boats did not seem to have a care in the world about going past in excess of 6 knots.

Eastbourne itself was a nice place supermarkets and a large retail estate within walking distance of the mariner its an ideal stop. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...