Tuesday 20 June 2017

British Seagull Project


I won a British Seagull outboard on ebay for just £25. The guy even delivered I could not believe my luck. I was told that she was brought new by an old man who had not used her for over 35 years. The outboard even come with an original flyer. The outboard is a Forty Plus with the serial number FP 2099JJ3 accroding to the  serial number she is a Forty Plus Mk2 rated as a 2-3 HP model. As you can see from the picture she is a very tidy outboard that appears not to have had much use.

A very rare flier in mint condition.


Original garantee


Spare parts





Below is my new Forty Plus Outboard.


After looking in the tank I could see a lot of old black gunk. So I removed the fuel tank and filled it with caustic soda. I will drain it out tommorow and then give it a good rinse. 


More to follow.

I put the fuel tank back on and tried to start her, but, she would not start. I changed the spark plug and checked for a spark and there was no spark. I then earthef the HT lead and attached a dril to the flywheel for a few minutes. Reconected the HT lead and the outboard started first time.


I am very pleased with thr outboard and will be keeping her.

Below is a link of her running 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...