Monday 10 July 2017

Dover to Rye

we set sail for Brighton very light winds barely a knot. So we had to motor did not see any vessels for hours. It was very different compared to the Solent. Maintained a steady 6 knts under low revs. I decided to increase the revs as I had not pushed the Yanmar very hard. All was fine and Tallula was going well. Then I could smell some thing and just assumed that it was something from North Foreland.

Then I noticed black water and black smoke coming from the tell tail. I decided to turn turn the engine of and use the auxiliary outboard a Mariner 4 hp. She pushed us along at 5 knots so I was quite happy with that.

I could not find out what was wrong with the inboard so I decided to head to Rye but, the water level was too low. So we anchored in the bay. Very uncomfortable indeed. Little did I know at the time but, I would end up in Rye for longer than I thought. I had to make for the Town Quay as Rye is a drying harbour.




Under anchor in the Bay



Entering the River




No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...