Monday 10 December 2018

Tinker Tinkeress in the Med

It was just over a year ago that I first used my Tinkeress in the Mediterranean little did I know at the time that I was going to be living in the same area a year later.


On the beach ready to go


I had only used the dinghy with an outboard to go around a bit in Fareham Creek. It was a sheltered area with strong tides and I did not go to far. I decided to go further out to sea as I am confident enough in the dinghy to do so.


Its a different world to the Solent


I took her about 4nm along the coast and it was a lot of fun and the views of the coast line were stunning. I did put a wet suit on as the sea is not as warm in the winter.



Strong winter sun



I tried a bit of fishing with a hand line but, did not catch anything not even sea weed. I would like to bring an anchor next time and try a bit of rod fishing. But, unfortunately all my anchors are still in the UK.


Amazing coast line


I found the little 2hp outboard was ok just a tad slow in the sea. I would like to try a larger outboard and according to the sales material she will take up to a 4hp outboard. I would also like to see how she performs with a British Seagull Outboard.



Calm seas



A short clip of me motoring around need to sort the date out on my gopro




No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...