Friday 16 June 2017

Passages on Pandora

First passages on Pandora

Below is an account on passages that I made on Pandora

29 April 2016

First passage - Fareham to East Cowes 44nm

I sailed from Fareham to East Cowes it was my first single handed passage and felt great when I got there.


20 June 2016

Fareham to Wooten Creek 25nm

After talking to other sailors at the marina I decided to sail over to Wooten Creek, it was like going back in time. But, the contant wash from the ferry I did not get that much sleep. I awoke to an amazing sunrise.




28 August - 31 August

Fareham - East Cowes - Bucklars Hard - Fareham 58nm

Very light winds mostly motor sailing to East Cowes the sun was out and the weather was nice. It was an easy passage. We spend the night in East Cowes marina as allways the showers were great. but, it was a bit of a pain and long walk to get to Cowes via the chain ferry. The next day we set sail for Bucklars Hard  on the Beaulieu river. One of the very few private rivers owned by Lord Montagu of Beaulieu. Is is a very nice relaxing place to visit the tides do seem to run hard and it can be tricky to moor up on a pontoon. The same day we walked to Beauliu village and saw the wild donkeys and horses. Then the next day we set of before sun rise and sailed into lots of fog. One of my greatest fears when sailing in bizzy waters. Very light winds until we got back into Portsmouth then things started getting very gusty.


On passage to the Beaulieu River
The light house on the river make sure you stay in the channel and try to enter
during a flood tide.

Sailing into the fog can all ways be scarjy the fog horn was ready in hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...