Friday 13 July 2018

Fareham - Folly In -Osbourne Bay - Fareham

The weather was very warm and the plan was to do some more work on Tallula but, the cabin was very warm and we decided to go for a sail instead.


 A reward for all the hard work


I noticed a big difference in how she performed and with full sails and the engine on tick over I easily exceeded the 5 knot speed limit in Portsmouth harbour. The difference from last time was profound. We decided to treat our self's after all the hard work to a glass of Prosecco. In years of sailing I have never touched a drop of alcohol while at sea but, on this occasion I decided  that a glass of Prosecco would be ok.


The Folly Inn moorings

The sail over was really nice not much wind force 3 at most but, with the clean hull and anti foul it was plenty. I was lucky to be able to get a walk ashore pontoon at the Folly Inn.

We had a lovely meal and a few drinks and yes they still dance on the tables.

The next day I decided to set of early to have breakfast on the hook I also decided to go for a swim the water was extremely cold and the moment I was fully in the sea I experienced cold water shock I could hardly move. I was pleased that I had a line to hold onto. I think I will put on a wet suit next time.


An early start

On the way back their was little to no wind so I motored back and the engine was running very well after the recent oil change.


Too cold for me


Heading back into Portsmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...