Saturday 2 September 2017

Fareham to Bembridge


I decided to sail over to Bembridge even for the Solent it was very bizzy. I saw a number of people launching on the free slip in Fareham. I got the chance to see the new aircraft carrier. I thougtht that she would have been somewhat larger.



 Sadly not much wind F2/3 so had to motor sail all the way as I needed to be moored up before the harbour entrance dried.





I entered the harbour and the depth started dropping so I picked up a bouy. Not realising at the time that even that part of the harbour dried. I spoke to the harbour Master and they said I was just outside the chanel. The pontoons had as many as 7 boats a breast so the already narrow channel was even more narrow. I kissed the ground and had to raft up. I was number seven. I was not able to get any shore power and I had never seen Bembridge with that many vessels before. Even the Harbour Master said that she had not seen it like this before.




I left the next day and had a nice sail back it only took two hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coral Moon

Coral Moon will be my fourth yacht. She is an Elizabethan 29 with a somewhat underpowered Yanmar 1GM10. When I went to pick her up ever...